Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Inside Look at My Jewelry Studio: On Camera Interview

As an artist and business owner, I've always struggled creatively with how to tell my story. Thats why, recently when I was approached by IFV News, to tell my story on camera, I was thrilled!

You see, as a jewelry designer and glass bead artist (yes, thats technically how I describe what I do) I've done a few written Q+A interviews here and there, but without being able to give my audience a visual of the lampworking process, I've always felt like what I really do in my creative process, often gets lost in the translation.

When I describe what I do, calling myself a glass bead artist, or telling people I create lampwork glass beads and jewelry, I literally feel peoples eyes glazing over, as most people have no idea what I'm talking about. In fact, they often ask, "so where do you buy the beads?" and "you make all of the jewelry yourself?" And of course the answer to both of those questions is "yes, and YES!"

Then there's the business aspects of selling, shipping and marketing...I talk about it all in the video, along with my dreams, hopes for the future of my business and even how I got started at the age of 8!

Want to see the process? Its really cool, I promise. Check out the video below:

Aziza Browne glass bead making


http://www.ifvnews.com/video/ifv-news-aziza-browne-a-brooklyn-ny-jewelry-designer-achieving-solopreneur-success

Hopefully the video has given you a more in depth look at what I do and how I create my jewelry.

Soooooo, what did you think about the video? I'd LOVE to hear your feedback, questions and comments!

Also, please feel free to share the video if you like.

3 comments:

  1. The video certainly gave me a deeper appreciation for the intricacy of your work. It was also nice to see your apartment and how you actually use your space to work. It looks so organized. I want to run home and clean off my kitchen table (currently covered in watercolors acrylic random fabric and crackers). LOL As an aspiring entrepreneur, I would love to hear about the nitty gritty like living off your earnings in NYC. I might be too personal, but that is one thing that scars the heck of me so hearing the details from thriving artists would be helpful. My 9-5 is stable and pays really well, but I rush home and write and create into the wee hours of the night. I am trying to figure out how to get paid for what I LOVE. Not that I don't love public health/epidemiology, I do, but I want a little more freedom and flexibility in my schedule pursue more creative endeavors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks again Christa! Gosh, I really appreciate your feedback. I think so many creative and aspiring creative people struggle with this same issue you are struggling with. There's a ton of resources out there to help you reach your goals, but first you have to know, clearly, what they are! Heck, I still have a ton of goals I'm still working on! Keep it up, you can do it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulation for the great post. Those who come to read your Information will find lots of helpful and informative tips. Skräddarsydda ringar

    ReplyDelete