Saturday, March 28, 2015

How I'm Inspired by Spring in Santa Barbara

Spring has sprung! And I have to say I feel like its already summer here in Santa Barbara in some ways. Just yesterday it was in the high 90’s and being in the middle of a drought and without air conditioner (my studio window isn't equipped with the space for it) I was in desperate need of cool air and decided to go down to the beach briefly yesterday for a little relief. 

at Butterfly Beach in Montecito


(yes the temp in my car actually read 96 degrees in March!)




One of the reasons I moved to Santa Barbara 2 years ago was so I could be closer to the beach. With that said, I just love my beach trips, so I try to go at least once a week (after all, I'm about a 15 minute drive away)! Being near the ocean, whether its just looking at the waves or being lucky enough to spot dolphins swimming close to the shore or finding that one perfect seashell, I am always inspired when I take a trip to the beach. 




hanging out by the ocean


I love getting surprise visitors like this ladybug


finding Seashells during a beach stroll


Another thing that really inspires me is my garden, watching the flowers blossom, watching the colors of the flowers and fruits change as they bloom and ripen. There’s something about that flow that inspires me and also inspires my work. And then there are the butterflies, birds and other visitors that come stop by my patio regularly. And of course being able to watch both the sunrise and sunset right from my home!



roses and honeysuckle beginning to bloom on my patio

roses, honeysuckle, tomatoes and lettuce are growing and getting some color



the view of the ocean past the orange tree from my patio
another visitor- hummingbirds love stopping by my garden

watching another rich sunset at my home

and watching the sunset at one of my favorite beaches


Lately, inspired by Spring, I’ve been combining brighter colors and smaller more moveable shapes and I hope you will stop by my shop and see whats new. So be sure to stop by if you would like to check out this weekends Flash Sale. I’m offering 25% off everything in my shop this weekend...like this new multi gem, multi strand necklace, perfect for Spring! Just enter code SPRING at checkout.









Have a great weekend!
xo
~Aziza


No comments:

Post a Comment